Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

These cookies are very good,...soft, fluffy, moist, subtle spices, and just enough pumpkin flavor. Texture was similar to a muffin top. I was attempting to get a denser consistency, so I baked the cookies for only about 12 min and substituted 1/2 of the white sugar with brown. 

Also, I used almost the whole 15oz can of pumpkin puree, which made the dough stickier to work with, but the end product still tasted great (although not dense like I was hoping). I uploaded 2 photos of the finished cookie, iced and not iced. For the iced ones, I dropped 1 tablespoon of the mixture and lightly flattened them. 





No spreading whatsoever...even the little "peaks" from dropping onto the sheet remained intact. So for subsequent batches, I smoothed the drops of dough with my fingers. The icing was way too sweet for me. For the un-iced ones, I flattened them with a sugared bottom cup. I liked the un-iced ones better...simple and basic in flavor.

Get the recipe here >> Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies @ laurenslatest.com
 
================================